FOR OUR CHILDREN ….. THERE IS A GREATER CAUSE!
Our Nation is in a season of turmoil. A time when the humanistic agenda is being promoted by many leaders who we thought could be trusted. It is an attempt to de-value marriage and introduce any number of attacks against the family and particularly the children of our Nation. Nehemiah in his day faced a strong attempt by the enemy, not dis-similar to what Australia faces at this time (and many placed around the world) We need to take courage from Nehemiah’s words:
- Verses 1-3 The enemy finds that Israel (Christians of today) are clearing out heaps of ‘rubbish’ ready to build a wall to stem, or keep back the rubbish. The enemy was angry and in a great rage and ridiculing.
- Verse 4 Nehemiah prays ‘hear our prayers for we are despised, turn their taunt upon their own head. “Prayer has been called over the nation and we have seen a response about the No add. (But they will come back stronger as did the enemy in Nehemiah’s day)
- Verse 6 and 7, 8. “So we built the wall and the breeches were being closed, …. Result ‘they (the enemy) were VERY angry and plotted more”.
- Nehemiah kept praying because the ‘burden-bearers’ were weakening. In this battle, we must pray, pray, pray and ‘hold the hands of the workers & for the ‘front-liners’.
- Nehemiah set up support teams, who were armed men to protect the workers. (verses 12, 13) The whole families were engaged in this.
- Verse 14 Nehemiah speaks an encouraging word to his people. Imprint the Lord on your minds (keep focused totally on the Lord, WORSHIP) Take courage from this as this is the centre and whole purpose: ‘fight for your brethren, your sons and your daughters, and your homes. We are fighting for our Nations families.
- THERE IS A GREATER CAUSE AT STAKE HERE. When David was called on to fight Goliath, it wasn’t because David was a great marksman, or warrior, but as David said ‘this uncircumcised Philistine has defied the living God. ‘This godless movement in Australia is defying the living God in our Nation and above all, that is the cause we stand against.
- Verse 15 The enemy found that God had frustrated their purpose and Nehemiah went back to work.
- God the Spirit has called many in this Nation to stand now Chapter 6:1 to 4 we find that when the work was getting towards completion, the enemy came again to ‘side track’ this CAUSE. Nehemiah refused to pay attention to their demands and kept the work going: “I am doing a great work and I cannot come down.’ He sent someone else to respond to the enemy. Nehemiah refused to be distracted by words of the enemy.
- To the end of chapter 6 We find that eventually the enemy SAW THAT THIS WORK WAS DONE BY OUR GOD. Oh, glory to God! this work is for His glory, ALONE. Nehemiah defended vehemently for the whole families and so must we.
We don’t have to yield to this onslaught from the enemy, he comes to steal the little ones from our homes, as a fox steals chicken and small animals, while the parents are procuring food. Parents what is happening in your home when you are not paying attention? What are their eyes viewing and their ears hearing?? Satan comes to steal the minds of our adolescent children the same way.
DO WE HAVE THAT CAUSE BURNING IN YOUR HEARTS?? ARE WE PREPARED TO TAKE BACK THE STOLEN GROUND AND SEE THOUSANDS COME TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD????
Read the book “AND There Came A Lion” by Beryl Spencer (On this website) Learn how to prepare for the battle for the hears of our children.